Kathy Longo brings over 25 years of expertise and experience to Flourish Wealth Management. After earning a degree in Financial Planning and Counseling from Purdue University, she began her career at a small firm in Palatine, Illinois where she worked directly with clients while learning to build a viable, client-centric business. Over the years, she gained extensive knowledge and wisdom working as a wealth manager, financial planner, firm manager and business owner at notable, various sized companies in both Chicago and Minneapolis.
As a leader within her field, Kathy has garnered a vast array of honors and recognitions. Continually dedicated to professional self-improvement, she has earned several industry-leading certifications and stays relevant and innovative through both community involvement projects and her work on a variety of local and national boards.
Throughout her career, she maintained a desire to start a company of her own, focused on delivering her expertise to a dedicated group of clients. Flourish Wealth Management embodies the fruition of that dream and builds off a vast foundation of insight and experience. Kathy is wholly dedicated to improving the life of each client and finds joy in making complex matters simple and easy to understand. She excels at asking the right questions, uncovering new possibilities and implementing the most advantageous strategies for success. Playing such a pivotal role in her clients’ lives remains an honor and a privilege.
Kathy is the author of Flourish Financially: Values, Transitions, & Big Conversations.
Kathy lives in Minneapolis with her husband, Jay Pluimer, and their three children, Madeline, Fernando and Grace.
Work Experience - Accredited Investors, Family Financial Strategies, American Express Trust Company, KPMG, Deloitte & Touche & CCP Financial Planning
Honors & Recognitions
- “Top 50 Women in Wealth Management” Wealth Manager Magazine, 2009
- "Future Star of The Financial Planning Profession" Financial Advisor Magazine, 2004
- “One of the nation’s Top 250 Wealth” Advisors Worth Magazine, 2008
- “Five Star Wealth Manager Award” 2009, 2010, 2011, 2017 and 2018
- “Outstanding Professional Alumni Award” Purdue University Consumer and Family Sciences School, 2004
- Quoted as a trusted expert in multiple national and local publications including, The Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Money Magazine, More®, Ladies Home Journal, USA TODAY, REAL SIMPLE, Bloomberg Wealth Manager, Investor’s Business Daily, the Star Tribune, St. Paul Pioneer Press, Chicago Tribune, Journal of Financial Planning, Financial Advisor, and Investment News, amongst others
Education & Certifications
- BS in Financial Planning and Counseling from Purdue University
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Practitioner
- Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy®
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst
Board/Professional & Community Involvement
- Serves as Chairperson of the Executive Board of Directors for Common Hope to help provide Guatemalan children and families with choices and opportunities
- Serves on the Board of Directors for YWCA Minneapolis to eliminate racism and empower women and girls
- Serves on Professional Advisor Committee for the Women's Foundation of Minnesota
- Serves on the Board of Directors for Stage Presents
- Member of Women Presidents' Organization
- Served on the Board of the National Financial Planning Association and as President of the Minnesota Financial Planning Association
- Served on the Professional Advisor Committee for the Minneapolis Foundation
- Served on an advisory council with Purdue University