- Who We Serve
- Our Services
- Flourish Financially Book
- Blog & News
- Client Login
Jay E. Pluimer
Jay E. Pluimer
Director of Investments
Jay Pluimer brings over 25 years of experience working with Investment Committees and individual investors to Flourish Wealth Management. He has built a career focused on investment research, client conversations about investments, and building diversified portfolios to help clients accomplish their goals. As Director of Investments, Jay is passionate about the opportunity to deliver individualized investment solutions for our clients that help align their resources and goals.
After earning a degree from Lawrence University in Appleton, WI, Jay began an investment career in his hometown of Minneapolis. He became a subject matter expert for investment research and client services by working at investment management and consulting firms. Jay led manager due diligence efforts at multiple firms, participated on Investment Committees to select preferred investment options and set target allocations for client portfolios, and worked with clients to build diversified portfolios. To support these efforts, Jay earned the Certified Investment Management Analyst (CIMA®) and Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF®) designations. Jay joined Flourish as the Director of Investments as his dream job where he combines the investment and client service skill sets to work directly with clients in conjunction with the wealth management team.
Jay lives in Minneapolis with his wife (and co-worker) Kathy Longo, along with their three children, Madeline, Fernando and Grace.
Work Experience – Summit Creek Advisors, FAF Advisors, Stanton Group, Jeffrey Slocum & Associates, Okabena Company & IAI Mutual Funds
Education & Certifications:
- BA in History from Lawrence University
- Certified Investment Management Analyst (CIMA®)
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF®)
- Member of the Investment Management Consultants Association (IMCA®)
- Serves on the Common Hope Golf Committee to raise money funding the social and educational needs of Guatemalan families
- Serves as Co-Chair of the Circle of Men, supporting YWCA Minneapolis mission to eliminate racism and empower women and girls
- Served on the Board of Directors for WESAC, a youth community sports organization in Minneapolis
- Served as Vice President and Board Member at Minneapolis Golf Club